YOBC Development Director Position Available
The Youth Orchestra of Bucks County (YOBC), currently has an opening for a Director of Development. Our current development director, Beth Guerriero, has accepted a teaching position at Rowan University and we wish to fill this opening immediately. Details about our organization and the position are provided below. Please feel free to pass this information on to interested persons.
The Youth Orchestra of Bucks County (YOBC) is seeking to hire an energetic and experienced part-time Development Director. This position is designed to help develop and implement a strong and diversified fundraising program. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will also work with the Development Committee to implement the strategy for fundraising activities, including individual giving, donor stewardship, event management and corporate sponsorship. This is a part-time, year-round contract position (20 +/- hrs. per wk.), with schedule flexibility.
YOBC creates opportunities for young musicians to achieve artistic excellence through enriching classical music experiences. Students come to YOBC with a special love for music and a desire to develop their musical talent. YOBC provides these students with advanced musical training to enhance and supplement their school programs. Since its debut season the organization has grown from a single, 60-member ensemble to 13 ensembles with nearly 300 young musicians.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills and the ability to work independently and remotely
- Knowledge of the non-profit community in Bucks County and the greater Philadelphia area a strong plus
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends to attend committee meetings and events
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidential donor information
- Proficiency in current development, fundraising and event planning best practices
Apply for this position:
Please send a cover along with a current resume and references to YOBC’s Executive Director, Colleen Sweetsir: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have relevant work samples demonstrating any of the required skills, please include copies or links.
YOBC’s office is located in Newtown, Pennsylvania: Youth Orchestra of Bucks County 111 Pheasant Run, Suite 100 Newtown, PA 18940
Start Date: Immediate